3D WebGL Update – Blurring the line between Web and Desktop 3D Viewers
3D Viewer Update
When your project involves big heavy 3D files, it is nice to have TeamPlatform on hand for online file viewing. We’re really excited about some of the enhancements to the new 3D viewer. TeamPlatform’s new 3D viewer provides a few important enhancements for viewing, assembly management, measurement, extracting STL meshes, and saving views and annotations. This viewer helps increase the speed of communication on CAD and 3D files in the execution and management of projects and completely removes the need for software updates, installed 3D or CAD viewers or licensing. Because TeamPlatform is using WebGL and HTML 5, all you need to view CAD including SolidWorks, CATIA, NX, PTC, Inventor, 3D Scans, Meshes, Parasolid, IGES, IFC and over 65+ total 3D file formatsonline is you web browser. This release marks a major performance enhancement to TeamPlatform’s viewing functionality and blurs the line between traditional desktop and web based viewers.
|The enhanced 3d viewer brings performance upgrades allowing full assembly tree view. Fast upload and responsive performance blurs the line between desktop application and mobile 3D viewing app.|
Highlights of the new WebGL 3D viewer update
- Performance upgrade – Larger CAD models and assemblies load quickly and are responsive in the browser
- Full assembly tree view with selectable components
- Measurement tools provide instant measurement from 3D data
- Unit control to easily switch between metric/imperial/other for dimensionless input formats (ex: STL) and displayed measurement
- On-screen and in-tree item selection and hover is responsive and behaves like a desktop application
- Enhanced transparency, wireframe, lighting and visualization controls on components and sub-assemblies
- Explode assembly and sub-assembly
- View-saving and screen capture to markup (annotations)
- Instant download of STL from CAD parts, assemblies and sub-assemblies
- High speed data loading from compressed file format
Try It Yourself
Try Even More Samples, including 3D Point Cloud, Mesh, CAD, Drawings, Sheet Metal, Documents, Video Samples.
Watch a Video
This short video shows some features of the new 3D viewer.